Pick the option that best describes the trouble your remote's behaviour?
Does not control Shaw Direct receiver
You can't change the channels on your Shaw Direct receiver using your Shaw Direct remote control.
- Your remote control may not be in the correct source mode. Press the SAT button on your remote control to enter satellite mode. Make sure that your receiver and television are on prior to trying to change channels using your remote control.
- If the remote does not light up fully, your batteries may be running low or dead. Replace the batteries in your remote, press the SAT button and try again.
- If you are using an older receiver, a timer may have been set, locking out remote commands. Turn off the Shaw Direct receiver using the power button on the front of the receiver and then turn it back on again. This will reinitiate remote commands.
- Your Shaw Direct remote control may need to be reprogrammed. Please choose your remote control from the listing here to find the remote control codes to reprogram your satellite receiver into your remote control.
- The remote control address code in your receiver may not match the code on your remote control. Instructions to correct this problem can be found on the Remote Control: Troubleshooting page on Tech Central.
Still having trouble with your Shaw Direct remote control? Please give us a call at 1.888.554.7827 and one of our skilled Technical Service Representatives will be happy to assist you in doing additional troubleshooting.